About the Company
We are a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. We are independent and family owned, which allows us the freedom to deliver original thinking and invest in our team and our clients. In the UK, there are more than 550 employees based in our offices in Victoria. We create award-winning creative communication programmes for our clients.
We have deep expertise and advise on consumer trends, research, analytics and insights, corporate reputation, health, technology, capital markets, crisis, energy and government affairs.About the Team
We provide value to our clients through insight, strategic political advice and tactical execution. Comprised of former communications directors, government special advisers, senior civil servants, policy experts, journalists and experienced campaigners, we have deep expertise in all elements of government relations in the UK and Brussels and offer unrivalled insight into the highest levels of Whitehall and European institutions.The Role
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive and motivated individual who wants to step up to an Senior Account Executive role and join our award-winning Public Affairs team in London. Edelman is one of the UK's leading public affairs consultancies working with a wide range of clients.
The ideal candidate will ideally have extensive experience working within Parliament as a researcher and/or within the public affairs industry. They will need to be able to advise clients on parliamentary procedure and have a clear interest in politics.
The role requires a candidate with excellent project management skills, who is able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial in spirit, happy to work as part of a team, has excellent writing skills and is able to contribute to large accounts.
The successful applicant will join our growing staff based in London and will become an integral part of the team.Key Requirements:
- Experience within a political environment and an excellent understanding of Parliamentary procedure, current affairs and UK policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate a point of view with confidence.
- Serving as a daily client contact on certain areas of accounts, earning the trust of clients to deliver day to day work.
- Proven track record of prioritising workloads. You must be adept at prioritising competing demands, contending with fast-moving events and handling unexpected requests.
- Ability to balance daily tasks and longer-term strategy.
- A desire to share previous expertise and experience to enhance work of the team.
- Desire to work as part of a large team in a busy, fast paced and highly motivated working environment.
- A clear interest in, and enthusiasm for, politics and campaigning
If you are interested in this opportunity please do get in touch and apply now.
*Edelman is an EEO/AA employer
Salary is competitive. Benefits include 25 days holiday (with an extra 1 for your birthday and we also close over Christmas), Pension, Healthcare benefits, free daily breakfasts, Thursday office drinks, subsided massages, flexible working hours and many more! Also open to job sharing and part-time working.
If this sounds like the role for you please apply now for immediate consideration.