The PR Manager will work within the Square Enix Europe PR organisation to plan and execute territory PR plans for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, with an opportunity to assist on other titles in future.
As a key member of the team you will be a multi-skilled PR Manager able to adapt PR plans to suit the local markets in the UK, Nordic and ANZ regions. You will maximise potential for local media coverage by working with our PR agencies and other partners to develop strong relationships with press, and ensure delivery of communication campaigns on time, on spec and within budget.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised and motivated PR Manager with exceptional communications skills and a broad understanding of how to deliver a successful brand PR campaign with a demonstrable passion and skill set to deliver results. Successful candidate will have proven experience at a videogame publisher, preferably with a focus on Japanese games.
Work with the Senior PR and Marketing Managers for the UK, Nordic and ANZ regions to deliver required PR activities.
- Create, plan, and execute local PR and communication strategy across these territories, ensuring it's in line with the global PR strategy.
- Ensure that all assets, press releases and other PR opportunities are fully maximised.
- Copy creation across variety of disciplines - press releases, briefing documents, fact sheets and product information etc.
- Co-ordination with Japanese, US and EU teams for general campaign planning, global announcements, and activities.
- Build effective working relationships with internal Marketing and local PR teams and champion PR needs where required.
- Management of local PR agencies in each region, while taking a leading role in idea generation for new activations.
- Coordination of press events, conferences, and trade show activities.
- Evaluation of PR campaigns and activities to identify effectiveness and key learnings.
- Manage specified campaign tracking and for creation of coverage reports for execs and senior management
- Work closely with community / social teams to compile joint plans and reports as needed.
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Square Enix Japan Marketing and Publicity Teams
- Western Strategic Marketing and PR Teams (Europe and America)
- FFXIV EU Community & PR Teams
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven track record of PR gained in the video games sector, ideally at a videogame publisher and preferably with a focus on Japanese games.
- Proven experience planning and executing international PR campaigns of varying scale and budget.
- Very strong writing and creative skills.
- The ability and confidence to demonstrate products both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing deadlines without compromising quality.
- Creative thinker with common sense and ability to take initiative, identify potential problems/issues and react/advise accordingly.
- Core player of FFXIV
- Degree or diploma in PR, marketing, or a related field
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Results oriented, outgoing, self-motivated, and well organised.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop and manage strong relationships and collaborative skills.
- Extremely well organised, excellent time management and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as needed
- Excellent organisational, planning and project management skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- This individual must be a team player, resilient, diplomatic resourceful and have a positive outlook. You must also enjoy working in a fast paced, lively, constantly changing and evolving environment.
- Additional languages (European and/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory
- Experience working at a Japanese company