Costa Coffee - Corporate Affairs Manager
As Corporate Affairs Manager you'll implement the Corporate Affairs Strategy, including corporate communication and public affairs. In this unique role you'll will be instrumental in protecting the corporate reputation across the UK&I. This exciting opportunity would suit someone who is looking to take the leap from agency to client side or government press office. A bit about us...
At the heart of Costa Coffee are our values; we believe in Passion, Warmth, Trust and Courage. We are the No 1 coffee brand in the UK and as part of the Coca-Cola Company, we're on a journey to be the worlds most loved coffee brand, we don't settle for mediocre. We've come a long way from the Costa brothers first roastery in 1971, today we are a total coffee company that delivers great coffee to our consumers all over the globe. Along with our much-loved stores, this includes our Express machines, Ready to Drink range, and a long list of friends and partnerships. Costa are proud of our collaborative and inclusive workforce, who continually unlock new growth and innovation.A bit about the role...
In this high-profile role, you'll work with internal stakeholders and external agencies and suppliers to ensure that messaging protects our brand reputation. You'll manage issues across all media, including the press inbox to minimize damage to the business and brand, whilst acting as brand spokesperson when required.
A bit about you...
- Ensure that guidance is upheld in brand campaigns to minimize the risk of advertising that offends, falls foul of the CAP Code, ASA or external nutrition/sustainability commitments, considering current external landscape and policy pressures
- Liaise with the internal communications teams to shape and improve their external communications, media relations and issue management
- Work with agencies to agree key communication messages
- Implement the day to day activities of corporate communications
- Develop communications risk register in conjunction with health and safety teams
- In conjunction with UK &I PR team develop plans and strategies to service these known risks
- Implement these plans and strategies
To succeed at Costa, it is important that you embrace our values and enjoy working with diverse and committed colleagues. It's essential that you have proven experience in the following:
What we can offer...
- Managing crisis and issues in a global organisation
- Building reputational programmes
- Quantifying reputational impact
- Ability to communicate effectively under pressure
- Ability to write copy and press releases
- Understanding of international press and communications industry
- Leadership of communications and crisis/ issues agenda
- High profile/ high risk crisis and issues experience
- Ability to flex style to influence and build relationships with a broad set of people and agendas
We're on an exceptional adventure and can offer a truly purpose led career with good flexibility to suit your personal needs. In addition, you will benefit from the below:
- BUPA HealthcareCosta Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- 25% staff discount, including endless free coffee onsite at support office
- 25 days Holidays
Location: Dunstable / London; client meetings
At Costa Coffee we celebrate Inclusion and Equality; we believe everyone should bring their true self to work. We advocate collaboration and transparency and embrace differences in all that we do. #nowisthemoment to join.