Vacancy: Practice Managers
Location: Eye Emporium, London
Hours: full-time or part-time Eye Emporium are looking for experienced and qualified Practice Managers in London. The company
The Eye Emporium Group are independent opticians, contact lens specialists, and qualified audiologists operating in London and Kent since 1996, and we are proud to be the trusted, local choice for generations of satisfied patients!
Our vision is to provide world class clinical standards and unrivalled customer care. Our hand-picked clinicians take the time to understand their patients' individual needs, offering a highly focused and professional optical and audiology service.
If you share our vision and have a passion for health care excellence, please read the following Practice Manager job description.1. Job Purpose
- Supporting the administering, organising and planning of the development of the practice and its staff
- To ensure the smooth running of the practice so that Eye Emporium can reach its vision, adhering to our mission statement and values
- To achieve branch targets using tools and training provided by Head Office
- To effectively manage direct reports; including dispensing opticians and clerical staff in addition to supervising and training junior staff to ensure performance levels are maintained
- To be able to also carry out daily Dispensing Optician tasks, such as:
2. Key Result Areas/Deliverables
- Design, measure, fit, and adapt lenses and frames for client according to written optical prescription or specification
- Assist client with selecting frames
- Measure customers for eyeglasses and coordinate frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescription
- Prepare work orders for the optical laboratory containing instructions for grinding and mounting lenses in frames.
- Verify exactness of finished lenses
3. Decisions and Judgements
- Maintain records of customer prescriptions, work orders, and payments
- Perform administrative duties such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping
- Administering, organising and planning the development of the practice
- Managing the retail aspects of glasses, contact lenses and other products
- Oversee displays of optical merchandise and ensure sufficient ranges are available
- Managing staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff, also overseeing performance by Optometrist
- Supervising and training junior staff
- Ensuring standards of hygiene and organisation are maintained in the store
If you feel that you would be a great addition to the Eye Emporium team and would like to be considered for this position, please apply via LinkedIn.
- This is a customer facing role and so you'll be completely comfortable in your ability to provide world-class service to exceed customer exceed expectations
- You'll manage both operational and service driven tasks and make the correct decisions when prioritising operations vs sales & service tasks
- You'll use your sales and selling expertise to provide great service levels and the same time as maximising sales opportunities for the practice
- You will possess exceptional personal presentation standards and be comfortable acting as an ambassador for the business.