Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum's optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum's commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide.Summary
You will provide Equipment Engineering support to the Epitaxy Department at the Caswell site. in particular this will include day to day production equipment support, fault finding and repair of production equipment and associated systems, working with specialist tools that process various hazardous chemicals and the use of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).Key Responsibilities
- Repair and preventative maintenance (PMs) of specialist MOCVD semiconductor processing equipment, including any preparation work and routine cleans.
- Complete routine PM's on MOVPE and associated equipment to minimize downtime during production to include phosphorous trap and gas cylinder changes using self-contained breathing apparatus SCBA (training will be provided, must be clean shaven).
- Fork lift truck driving (training will be provided).
- Oversee chemical, gases and spare parts control, chemical fills and waste management.
- Instruct and advise equipment technicians in various aspects of equipment engineering.
- Assist with logistic projects. E.g. equipment relocation, cleanroom reorganization, shipping, etc.
- Provide shift cover which may include night shift.
- Liaison with equipment and spares suppliers and specialist service providers (including the supervision of external contractors and field service engineers).
- Develop and deliver preventative maintenance strategies to maximise equipment utilisation and up-time.
- Adhere to all site safety and environmental procedures.
- Support of site emergency response function.
- Epitaxy Process Engineering Team
- Manufacturing Operations Team
- An HND or Degree in an electrical/mechanical engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- 5 years of experience within, primarily, semiconductor wafer fabs and/or the pharmaceutical , automotive industry or similar.
- Electrical qualifications such as BS7671 18th edition would be an advantage.
- Electrical engineering experience to include low and high voltage working.
- Basic understanding of pneumatic systems and the operation & use of PLCs.
- Ability to read and understand equipment wiring schematics.
- Familiar with the use of hazardous chemicals and gases.
- Competent Microsoft office user.
- Previous experience with MOVPE, Aixtron reactors or any CVD equipment.
- Experience working within wet or dry exhaust gas abatement systems.
- Shift working will be required (2x 7am to 7pm, 2x 7pm to 7am, 4 days off). Shift may change during site shutdown periods
- Working within a cleanroom environment with the prerequisite use of cleanroom clothing.
- Contactable for advice or call out should the occasion arise when off shift
- Requirement to ware (SCBA) self-contained breathing apparatus this will require candidate to be clean shaven.
- Good standard of written and spoken English is essential
- Eligible to work in the UK.
Lumentum is committed to equal opportunities and actively seeks applications from all sectors of the community irrespective of sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, having responsibility for dependents, age, religion/beliefs, or any other reason which cannot be shown to be justified