My client is a global OEM who require a 'Certification Expert' for their Manufacturing Engineering department and will be responsible for all aspects of certification mark (CE) that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area.
The role is to lead the CE Marking of the work completed by the Manufacturing Engineering department and to ensure there is compliance to the standard.
You'll be responsible for:
Development of the overall Certification Strategy and its dissemination across all technologies within manufacturing, via the technology forums. The strategy will be developed to include, but not limited to:-
• To Lead the manufacturing engineering team in support of the certification strategy
• To lead and provide guidance on the compilation on the technical file
• To define and set up the framework and procedures
• To lead and provide guidance to the whole department on how to achieve CE
• To support the early set up on new technologies by coaching people when they get stuck; determining the legislation which needs to be followed and to provide process confirmation
• Manages the requirement to CE Mark from Proposal to sign off
You'll have demonstrable experience of:
• Working knowledge of international variations, for example other European countries and Brazil, India and China)
• Expert knowledge of H&S at work act
• Experience in a machine build industry where they have been involved in CE marking of equipment including risk assessments, compliance certification and technical manuals and so on.
• Able to read, understand, interpret, and implement the requirements of the main EU Directives and their UK Regulatory equivalents with regards to machine building and assembly activities.
• Machinery Directive - Supply of Machinery Regulations
• Low Voltage Directive - Electrical Equipment Regulations
• EMC Directive - EMC Regulations
• Pressure Equipment Directive - Pressure Equipment Regulations
• Understand the hierarchy of the harmonised standards type A to C recognising "special" equipment that requires the implementation of type c standards.
• Be able to provide the best solutions with regards the "state of the art", required performance levels of safety functions and budget
• Understand risk reduction strategy of inherently safe design, safe guarding and protective measures, and information for use (organisational, PPE, training etc.)
• Proven experience of vehicle build and delivery processes and procedures.
• Thorough understanding of Engineering/Manufacturing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
Qualifications (as a minimum):
• Certified Machinery Safety Expert Qualification
• CPA qualification (certified puwer assessor)
• FPS (functional safety professional) qualifications
• Relevant degree or equivalent experience
To apply please contact Kaitee on 07572 666 001/ 02393 200 158 or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com