Managing a programme of inspections and audits at retail premises.
MAJOR PURPOSE OF POST
To assist in the provision of the regulatory service carried out by the Commercial Services Team as directed by the Team Manager Commercial Services (Food and Port Health).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To discharge the duties assigned to the role, by holding a statutory qualification and/or demonstrating competency
• To act as an authorised officer and enforce the Acts of Parliament, Orders, Rules, Regulations and Statutory Instruments made thereunder and as assigned during and outside normal working hours.
• To have primary responsibility for the enforcement of Environmental Health legislation within the remit of Commercial Services, and to develop a specific knowledge across Food Safety, Health and Safety and Health Protection.
• To deputise in the absence of the Commercial Services Team Manager (Food & Port Health)
• To manage projects and a programme of inspections and interventions at retail premises. This to include work allocation and supervision to ensure the attainment of performance indicators / standards
• To carry out inspections to businesses, particularly in the higher risk categories, including new businesses, taking all necessary enforcement action including revisits, improvement notices, remedial action notices, seizure and closures; and other educative initiatives
Strong experience of conducting Food Safety inspections of commercial premises is required.
Please apply below.