We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for Facilities Building Specialist to join our Operations Department at East Midlands Airport.
The Facilities Building Specialist supports the protection of UPS assets, facilities, equipment, and grounds. Maintaining facility environmental compliance, housekeeping, regulatory compliance and facility safety.
What you'll be doing
- Maintaining facility environmental compliance, housekeeping, regulatory compliance and facility safety
- Manages small projects and oversees the work of outside contractors.
- Preparing specifications and Bid packages for the building services
- Preparing bid summaries and providing recommendations based on bid returns
- Maintains the spare parts spread sheet, ordering spares & maintain stock levels
What you'll be joining
You will be joining a team of talented Engineers and professionals who are passionate and tenacious about Automation and Maintenance. A team with a strong culture around respect, diversity and professionalism. You will be in an environment that enables career growth and gives you an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and expand your capabilities in building automation and facility management.
What you'll need
- Experience with Facility Management - managing minor works with Contractors, creating job orders and carrying out facility asset audits.
- Experience using Excel - Able to use formulas and create tables
- Experience working within an airport environment is a bonus
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Company pension, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
- The chance to learn via industry-leading training
- Our 'promotion from within policy' means you can go as far as your talent will take you
A bit about UPS:
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.