We're looking to hire an.NET Engineering Apprentice for the Search team, working on business critical parts of the platform, helping users find the restaurants they're interested in. Work with world-class engineers and other talented teams, who will support you while you progress. You'll work closely with the Technology Manager and other internal business owners to ensure you build great experiences which improve the experience of our customers.A typical day
You must have
- Tracking the progress that you are making towards the wider goals of your team, and transparently collaborating/communicating that progress to your team
- Building reliable, scalable APIs to support our front-end engineers and other teams
- Liaising with other internal teams to support their work through our stack in a safe and efficient manner
- Helping the team champion user experience and empathy in everything we do
- Communicating your work at both technical and non-technical levels to a variety of stakeholders
- Taking responsibility for owning your changes all the way through to prove that they work well - and continue to work well - in production
- Working towards joining the team's on-call rota to support our systems in production
- Five GCSE grades C - A* (4-9) or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Level 3 qualification (A level, BTEC or equivalent)
- Three months' prior coding experience
Perks and benefits:
- Highly organised with a keen eye for detail
- Enthusiastic and driven to deliver
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Amazing location
- Casual dress code
- Health cover
- Social events
- WhiteHat community
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 4 Software Developer (SWE4) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Software Engineering apprenticeship, you can progress into a junior developer role (this includes web and app development). You'll have the skills to continue growing within a tech team, and have enough knowledge/experience to pick up new languages with ease. Software Engineering Level 4 will also provide a good foundation for transitioning into data science.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90594974