Teaching Personnel is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy with sixth form, based in Milton Keynes. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Science to its progressive and supportive Science Department ideally starting in ASAP / Jan 2021.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of Science at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will support the Head of Science to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You'll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you'll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
"The school was planned in the early 1970s as a bold social project which would see students and adults studying together and enjoying shared use with the community of a leisure centre and professional theatre which were funded by Milton Keynes Council.
The school has been through some challenging times during the last decade or so. In 2015 the governors looked for a suitable to Trust to join and chose the Griffin Schools Trust with whom they shared values.
The vision that GST proposed to the governors was (and very much remains) of a school whose flourishing future is connected to its proud past in a number of ways:
· A strong emphasis on the Arts and Sports, using the exceptional facilities to promote excellence as well as enjoyment. We promised to increase access to the Theatre and Sports/Leisure Centre for students which had been limited since council funding ceased some 15 years ago.
· A renewed focus on international links which the campus did so well in its early years, hosting whole school staff teams and making return visits to exchange best practice and innovation in community based education.
· A revived and contemporary approach to science, maths, engineering and technology.
The school used and added to the governors' great work in winning STEM funding to secure £22m for a new building at the heart of the school to house STEM subjects. (SIS is the home of the annual Griffin Science Symposium.)"
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT's/RQT's including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Science Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Science up to GCSE/A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Apply below to be short-listed for this opportunity or email
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.