Our client are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants based in Darlington, currently looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join the team.The Role
The key duties and responsibilities will be:
- Providing tax advice to a portfolio of predominantly owner-managed businesses.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ensuring that all compliance is completed in good time and deadlines are met.
- To manage your own client portfolio.
- To prepare more complex tax computations.
- Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts.
- Tax audit review work.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues.
- To start dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external) and provide tax planning advice.
- Planning and executing the longer-term strategy of the department along with the departmental partner and directors.
The firm prides itself on providing pro-active advice and the successful candidate will require the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- CTA qualified with a background of working in tax.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action.
- An understanding of the link between effective performance management and business results.
- Ability to adapt leadership style for different team members.
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve client deadlines, as well as other day to day work.
- To actively participate in team meetings making a wide range of suggestions.