Senior DevOps SRE | GCP/AWS, Kubernetes | London | £75,000-£90,000
Are you a Senior SRE / DevOps Engineer with good Kubernetes experience who is interested in learning GCP? If so we have an opportunity for you to learn about GCP and work on a very modern tech stack.
A Senior Site Reliability / DevOps Engineer is needed for a global leading market research organisation who demonstrates a strong-interest in cloud infrastructure and automation, to join a like minded strong DevOps Engineering team. They must exhibit a strong understanding of Kubernetes and Terraform and show willing to stay on top of new tech trends and innovations.
Our client is developing new customer-focused platforms to uphold the large demand for their products, and are looking to continue the growth of their talented DevOps team to support the business needs. The company is ambitious to stay on top of market trends in a rapidly changing world, and that interest to connect the data with their global footprint is needed to be reflected in the attitude of this Senior AWS/GCP Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
The Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be working primarily (and developing their experiences) with Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and will be supporting the team to build the next-gen infrastructure in support of the product portfolio. They will be automating the building and automation of said infrastructure; as well as having the know-how to influence the tech-focused team in all things security, scalability and robustness to capture and withstand huge amounts of business-critical data.Essential Skills
As a Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you must have solid, relevant commercial experience of:
- AWS cloud expertise, GCP experience is not essential
- Linux administration and a solid understanding of networking
- Kubernetes experience is essential (EKS, or GKE is fine)
- Have a strong Developer mindset and knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Ruby or Go
Responsibilities of the SRE include
- The opportunity to learn about all things Google Cloud, with no prior experience required
- Play a key role in the growing SRE team within the business where you work has a huge impact on the company
- An established company but works like a start-up, meaning there is very little red rate but the company is also secure/stable
- Automation of the building and deployment of infrastructure
- Influence wider team in the stability, security and performance of the platform
- Setting up and maintaining appropriate monitoring and reporting systems
- Create and maintain alert-system for backup, restore and redundancy solutions for the business critical data
Candidates with notice period up to 3 months will be considered. If you are interested, please apply. This role will be remote for the foreseeable future but will eventually return to 3-4 day per week in the London based office.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90782022