Venesky-Brown's client, a public sector organisation in Edinburgh, are currently looking to recruit a Performance Tester for initial 3 month contract on a rate of £400-450/day (outside of IR35). Due to the current circumstances this role will initially be remote based.
The candidate will be required to provide non-functional testing (NFT) expertise and support to various teams and projects across the business. The ideal candidate must be a complete self-starter with the experience to create and deliver non-functional test strategies/solutions to meet project requirements and provide support and NFT insight to the Test Manager.
• Assist the Test Manager to build a non-functional test capability and framework
• Work with the Test Manager and test teams across the business and to achieve performance testing goals across multiple projects
• Can produce performance test artefacts/deliverables under strict deadlines
• Will recognise and capture non-functional requirements to determine testing scope
• Daily performance test execution across multiple projects and infrastructures
• Design and implement a synthetic data solution for the performance test environment
• Ensuring system performance stability and resilience across internal/external applications, websites and APIs
• Identify and investigate potential performance degradation/risks and help mitigate
• Raise and report on defects and conduct defect meetings
• Identify key metrics for measuring performance and provide meaningful reporting
• Understanding testing methodologies i.e. Agile, Kanban, Waterfall and V-Model
• Ability to provide clear and concise updates at daily progress meetings/stand ups
• Contribute in scrums, 3 amigos, refinement and planning and produce daily metrics
• Improve NFT testing and best practices.
• Ability create performance tests related to front end systems, websites, online portals, backend systems, databases, APIs, Outbound/Inbound interfaces, third party extracts and batch processes
• The ability to build a suite of NF tests coving a multitude of disciplines i.e. load, stress, volume, scalability and soak testing
• Detailed knowledge of performance testing tools i.e. Jmeter, Performance Center or open source frameworks
• Detailed knowledge of SOA, IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, Client Server architecture and experience of testing Cloud and Azure based solutions
If you would like to hear more about this role, please get in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90781980