Job Description/Key Skills:
- Role: Senior Digital Service Manager - REF 24365
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: 6 Months
- Location: London (remote working initially)
- IR35: Inside
- Pay Rate to Candidate: £500 per day
- Security Clearance: DBS
The Service Owner will work collaboratively with other teams and key stakeholders and will be responsible for:
- Owning the product strategy and roadmap pipeline and schedule, collaborating with architects, engineers, live operations, business engagement and other teams to ensure evolving business needs are continuously met
- Identifying user requirements through user experience to inform features and products and procurement activity
- Form part of a cross-functional team from a product's conception all the way through to its launch and ongoing support
- Identifying requirements and present them in business case and procurement ready formats in order to gain approvals and/or go to market
- Leading procurement activity alongside Commercial colleagues
- Developing metrics and produce reports on performance and assets
- Managing and reporting on multiple suppliers' delivery and performance against contractual requirements
- Monitoring performance of your product line working with architects and engineers to identify continuous service improvements
- Working with internal teams and suppliers to identify resolutions to incidents and problem tickets and utilise this data to improve the service of a product
- Managing and reporting on budgets and expenditure
- Developing strong relationships with a range of stakeholders
We're looking for an individual with strong interpersonal skills who likes working with delivery focused and agile multidisciplinary teams. You will also contribute to the wider community and share your skills and experiences with others across the department and across the wider Government, as required.Experience:
- An understanding of constraints: an understanding of policy, legislative, regulatory and operational constraints, adapting products where needed.
- Experience of working with agility: You can coach and lead teams in agile practices. You are a recognised expert in working with agility, continuously reflecting and challenging the team to improve.
- Commercial and Financial: you have commercial and contractual management experience and have played an active part in procurement activity. You can prioritise spending based on return on investment and are able to secure funding for new products by building and pitching of a business case that you own and iterate throughout the product's lifecycle. You can work with Business Analysts and operate at the level of cost per sprint, and at a portfolio level.
- Knowledge of the digital economy: you are aware of the varieties of digital contexts and design service to fit them, keeping up to date with new technologies and their potential use.
- Problem ownership: You take a problem statement and can work with a multidisciplinary team to validate the problem, refining it and narrowing its focus until it becomes feasible and valuable to solve. You understand how problems fit in the larger context of the portfolio, and build the problem-solving capabilities of others.
- Product Life-cycle perspective: You have experience of the full product lifecycle and can lead a team through each stage, continuing to meet user needs by iterating your product (this includes live support and incident response). You can recognise when it is right to move forward and when it is right to stop a product, and can coach others to do the same.
- Product Operations Management: You will be ultimately responsible for the successful Operations provision of a product line and ensure that the services are available within service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) and are functioning as designed. You will carry out activities in incident, problem, change and configuration management and continual service improvement (CSI) processes.
- Service ownership: You are an expert in product management, using a range of techniques to work with a multidisciplinary team and translate user needs into deliverables.
- Strategic ownership: Focussed on benefits (not features), you develop ambitious visions and strategies and are able to get organisational buy-in and translate them into deliverable goals. You can build long-term product roadmaps, and can build the capability of others. Take opportunities to regularly communicate and interact with staff, helping to clarify goals and activities and the links between these and Departmental strategy. Convey enthusiasm and energy about their work and encourage others to do the same. Recognise, respect and reward the contribution and achievements of others.
- User focus: You understand users (who they are, what their needs are, how they behave and how they change over time) and deliver products and services that meet these needs. You can prioritise users' most pressing needs, and are able to coach other Managers to do the same.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90781510