SOC (Security Operations Center) IT Analyst - Inside IR35
Based in Exeter a Cyber Security IT Analyst is required on a contract basis to work on the cyber threat to the technical infrastructure through deep analysis of system logs, system alerts and threat intelligence, and by guiding the continuous improvement of these capabilitiesThe focus for this role is for a hands on practitioner who needs to be confident and effective in the team with minimal supervision.Candidates need to be an experienced SOC (Security Operations Center) analyst (technical) and not a security generalist.Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required:
- Effective use of monitoring systems to hunt for and identify potential issues and escalates those that have significant impacts on the business into incidents and manages resultant incidents through to a successful resolution.
- Effectively manage the Cyber Security Operations Centre support queue and mailbox to ensure calls are dealt with in a timely manner within agreed support SLAs. Ensuring that all daily tasks are actioned in accordance with CSOC guidelines.
- Responds to security incidents or breaches of security policy in accordance with local procedures and investigates the resulting Incidents. Perform within agreed guidelines and progress lessons learnt to reduce similar incidents happening in the future.
- Provide forensic investigations in support of HR and Line Management requirements to a 'civil' level. Ensuring all relevant documentation is completed and all stakeholders are engaged within appropriate timeframes.
- Produce regular Risk and Incident Management metrics for all aspects of the CSOC service and review the effectiveness of related controls and make improvements in accordance with NCSC guidelines, best practice recommendations and policy.
- Assists in the production and presentation of Cyber awareness training for staff. Ensuring that the effectiveness of such training is evaluated through feedback and items like Incident management improvements to ensure the effectiveness of awareness programs.
- Proven experience of working in an Information Security role within a large business, or a public sector environment subject to HMG Security Policy Framework compliance.
- Detailed working background in IT systems and Networks with a proven knowledge of the use of monitoring systems to find potential issues and managing the resulting security incidents within a diverse business environment.
- Evidence of strong communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to provide Information Security advice which informs, engages and influences both technical and business staff.
- A proven track record that clearly demonstrates the ability to assimilate new information and make sound judgements.
- Evidence of ability to work under broad direction establishing own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments and removing barriers to success
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills demonstrating experience of managing effectively stakeholder and customer engagement.
Please note this role is inside IR35 and candidates will not be able to work through a Limited Company.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Siobhan O'Halloran on 0161 519 0487 for more information.
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90781774