SEN Class Teacher
Start Date- September 2020
Salary- Main Pay Scale/(Apply online only)
Contract Type- Permanent/Long-term
GSL Education are looking for a dynamic and motivated SEN Class teacher with experience in Sensory ASD & PMLD and Primary Teachers, who would like to work within a SEND Academy, for a lovely school in Greenwich.
Each pathway focuses on a different assessment framework and individual learning goals. Each age phase follows the same curriculum theme during the term, occasionally primary and secondary age phases focus on the same theme.
Successful candidates will have a passion for teaching and education and have the ability to pass this on to their students. The school will fit teachers to the classes that suit them best.
As a SEN teacher, you'll need to:
* Teach either individuals or small groups of pupils within, or outside the class
* Prepare lessons and resources
* Mark and assess work
* Develop and adapt conventional teaching methods to meet the individual needs of pupils
* Use special equipment and facilities, such as audiovisual materials and computers to stimulate interest in learning
* Liaise with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
* Work closely with parents and guardians
* Organise learning outside the classroom in activities such as community visits, school outings or sporting events
* Bachelor of Education (BEd)
* BA or BSc with QTS
* Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
About the school and contract:
* Ofsted rated 'Good' School
* Excellent career development
* Interviewing ASAP
* Great behaviour in the class
* Supportive and friendly staff to work alongside.
What we can offer:
* Excellent pay rates to match your scale & current market rate
* A dedicated consultant to offer you full ongoing support in your new role
* Regular job reviews to ensure you are completely happy with your new role, team & environment
* On-going career support & advice
* Continual knowledge on the ever changing education sector
GSL Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All candidates will be subject to strict recruitment and vetting processes and required to have an enhanced DBS check (unless you already have a valid DBS registered on the update service).
Should you be looking for a Primary School Teaching position role for 2020 academic year, then please contact our Primary Education Consultant, Hinal Patel, as soon as possible