To ensure all production related infrastructure and facility equipment is maintained, repaired and serviced, minimizing downtime and allowing the facility to operate to the required standards, in order to meet the demands of the business. Working to the production plan provided by the Production Manager as your role will be hands on in the production process from raw materials to finished products on our range of award winning products including ciders, wines, fruit juices, spirits and preserves.
To be an integral member of the production team ensuring that the plan is delivered on a daily/weekly basisBasic Hours:
Working hours will be 40 hours a week (average) as per contract and will need to be on a flexible basis, due to the needs of the company. Production operating hours are between 6am and 10pm Monday to Sunday, during which various shift patterns may occur.Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for mechanical and electrical maintenance and breakdown repair activities, in order to ensure that all equipment in the factory process, packing areas and site is operating to the required standards, in order to meet the demands of the business. Understanding times and targets for daily plan. Working to ensure bottle lines and kegging lines all work to procedure.
- Identify and rectify faults on all equipment within a reasonable timescale
- Changeovers and CIP/SIP within agreed targets
- All plant run at appropriate speed
- Conduct or assist OEMs on repairs and service requirements, complete handover paperwork.
- Carry out preventative maintenance to minimise downtime. Complete weekly, monthly checks to audit standard
- Interact with outside resources including contractors, equipment and parts suppliers, Issues and receipts materials to jobs accurately
- Operate equipment within the area and carry out duties associated with its operation.
- Ensure both bottle line and kegging line start up's, clean downs, running the lines and staff are all working to procedure, company specification and to the quality management system. Responsible that this is achieved by supervision with back up records completed accurately and timely at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring the appearance of the production hall and process areas before, during and after every run to audit standard
- Production & Quality Control.
- Ensure administration procedures are accurately completed and within timescale to audit standard
- Adherence to quality plan.
- Complete all duties and paperwork involving water systems within procedure and policy to audit standard.
- Carry out cleaning and hygiene duties as required including handovers and complete paperwork.
- Take appropriate action when product not within tolerance.
- Adhoc mechanical/ electrical repairs to site machinery or equipment as required.
- In common with all other personnel within HCCF, the Engineer is required to adhere to the Company's policies on Safety, Hygiene, Procedures, Policies and Good Housekeeping.
General engineering/electrical maintenance of equipment skillsEducation / QualificationSkills Requirements:
Health & Safety - Risk Assessment degree of diplomaPersonal Qualities:
Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Good at both planning and practical problem solving and fault finding
Responsible, honest, reliable and trustworthy
Good communication skills
Knowledge of H&S and safe working practices
Flexible in hours and varied routine.
Interested in machinery and engineering
Able to understand technical diagrams and manuals
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90767586