Are you experienced working with students with ADHD or SEMH?
Do you have the passion or attributes to support children who are being excluded or at risk of exclusion?
JDS Recruitment are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant based onsite at a Primary Academy in Harlow , which is aimed at children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and is an early intervention setting to support children in EYFS and KS1 who are being excluded or at risk of exclusion, possibly due to trauma or attachment needs.
To be shortlisted for this role you will need to:
**Have experience working with students with SEN (Preferably with ADHD or SEMH)
**Patient, resilient and nurturing individual who is able to work with learners whose personality may differ from day to day
**Flexible and willing to support learners across the provision
**Be able to commit to a full-time role
**Have an Enhanced DBS
About The Provision:
* The Provision is aimed at children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties and is an early intervention setting to support children in EYFS and KS1 who are being excluded or at risk of exclusion, possibly due to trauma or attachment needs.
* The aim is to teach social skills, learning behaviours, a growth mindset and self-regulation strategies through a positive, nurturing approach and emotional coaching and feedback, so they can reintegrate successfully into their mainstream schools.
* We also build their self-esteem and confidence, so they can be successful in mainstream."
* Pupils are given a bespoke, themed curriculum focusing on accelerating maths and literacy skills and outdoor and active learning, as well as a programme of interventions, including counselling and the zones of regulation programme.
* Children learn about consequences of their actions and how to restore and repair situations. They are taught about how the brain works and encouraged to earn leaves for 13
* Helpful Behaviours which lead to rewards.
* Pupils remain the responsibility of their home school, with collaboration between them and the alternative provision for the good of the young person and their future.
If you would like extra information on this Teaching Assistant position, then please contact JDS Recruitment as soon as possible for a confidential discussion.
Alternatively, please email your CV for an immediate call back about this and other roles.
JDS Recruitment is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS
Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit