Support WorkerLocation: BarnetJob Start: ASAP
I am recruiting for a Support Worker
to join an Ofsted Rated "Good with Outstanding features" mainstream secondary school in Barnet.
In this role you will be working 1-2-1 with a 15-year-old male student who is wheelchair bound. You will be supporting him in his learning and be supporting him with day-to-day selfcare, such as toileting and hygiene. You will work closely with the SENCO to support this child.
The best individual for the role would have previous Support work experience in a support or care setting working with young people. The individual will be passionate about making a different, empathetic and supportive in approach.Typical Job Duties and Accountabilities:
The School offers:
- Providing support, encouragement and compassion by supporting the young student in his education
- All staff are expected to do everything they can to protect the children and young people from harm and to make the learning environment safe
- Support pupils to engage in learning activities, adapt tasks for individuals and assist them to make progress
- Attend to the pupils' personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupil ensuring their safety and access to learning in a clean and tidy environment
- Personal care such as toileting and hygiene for the student
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Learn and use safe systems for moving, handling and physical interventions as appropriate Support for tutors
- Be aware of pupil progress/achievements and report observations to the teacher in the agreed format
- Supporting a positive home-school relationship, by sharing information with parents and carers
About the school:
- excellent induction and CPD programme
- various benefits to all employees through our extensive wellbeing programme.
- flexible working could be considered
- robust and supportive performance management systems
- a technology rich school
- strong leadership and support
- Effective progression within the school
"School leaders, governors and staff have created a nurturing and inclusive learning environment where pupils thrive." (Ofsted 2017)
"The behaviour of pupils is outstanding." (Ofsted 2017)
"The school's work to promote pupils' personal development and welfare is outstanding." (Ofsted 2017)
"Diversity at this harmonious school is celebrated and respected." (Ofsted 2017) If you have the experience needed for this role and seeking a new opportunity to really make a difference, then this is the role for you. If shortlisted, your dedicated Consultant from Time Plan will contact you to discuss the opportunity further with you.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare. Therefore, any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact Kyle Burgher
at Empowering Learning Ltd on or .The school interviewing ASAP. APPLY NOW!