ONYX InSight is a growing technology and engineering organisation in the renewable energy sector. Our advanced sensing, software and machine learning products are deployed on wind turbines around the world. Headquartered in the UK, we have offices in the US, Australia, India and Korea.
Significant global growth means we are now looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer in our UK head office. This position will oversee deployment of our ecoCMS advanced sensor product globally. Acting as the lead for systematically identifying and resolving issues, you will play a key role in ensuring installation projects go smoothly for our customers.
- Work closely with the Advanced Sensing team to develop a deep understanding of our ecoCMS advanced sensing product
- Deliver an excellent deployment support service, acting as lead point of contact for issue resolution globally
- Develop robust processes to systematically validate, log and prioritise deployment issues
- Ensure that issues are resolved and/or escalated quickly Communicate effectively to provide status updates to stakeholders (e.g. ONYX regional teams, customer technical representatives)
- Develop technical materials and resources to support installation and issue resolution
- Drive the development of a systematic and structured approach to product deployment and align with ISO 9001
Engineer | Electronics | Deployment | Hardware | ISO 9001 | Development | Document Control | Analytical | Data Analysis | Testing | Reporting | Project Management | Raspberry Pi | Renewable Energy | Sensor | Wireless Technologies | Data Acquisition | Analogue | Digital Benefits
Friendly team environment / Great campus location / Flexible working culture / Employer pension contributions / Medical insurance / Annual bonus scheme / 26 days holiday / Option to buy 5 days additional holiday / Volunteering opportunitiesEssential Skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the resourcefulness to diagnose issues and deliver solutions support globally
- A collaborative approach, liaising effectively with engineering colleagues in our global offices, and proposing appropriate, customer and market aligned solutions within challenging timescales
- A systematic and structured approach (to the methodical analysis of test data, for example)
- Ability to present information clearly in reports and presentations to colleagues and external partners
- A quick learner with the ability to acquire a deep understanding of our product, and a thorough systematic approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working across a broad range of projects each of which may require your engineering expertise in various diverse specialisms
- Enjoy playing around with Raspberry Pis and Arduino boards in your spare time, and will be motivated by working in the renewable energy sector
- Experience of communication with sensor vendors and testing sensors in laboratory and real-world conditions
- Setting up data acquisition systems (e.g. National Instruments hardware; LabVIEW software)
- Development of remote sensing and wireless technologies
- Great knowledge around one or more of data acquisition; sensors; wireless systems; IT security; Data networks; 4G LTE communication systems will be key to success in this role
- Knowledge of standard industrial analogue and digital signal systems, e.g. 4-20 mA, RS-485, MODBUS, CANBUS, CANOPEN and/or experience using Linux including command line advantageous
ONYX InSight is independently incorporated in 5 locations globally, and wholly owned by the BP organisation. Renewable energy and wind power are in our DNA. We are excited about being part of BP's low carbon and digital transformation and the opportunities this partnership presents for growth and career development for our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in the STEM sector.
Please send a 2-page CV and short covering letter outlining the reason for your application. Covering letters are important to us and the most effective ones specifically address some or all of the items in the person specification.