Digital Communications Director - Remote Working - £60,000 - £75,000 - DOE
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen within a field leading medical communications company who are looking to expand their digital capabilities and need a Digital Communications Director to help lead this. The ideal candidate will be comfortable pitching digital work and will have previous experience of working within a fast paced, digital agency. You will also need to have a creative mind and be able to think outside the box'. If you are passionate about digital and the role it plays in supporting medical communications, this role is perfect for you. You will ideally be confident explaining to clients how digital communications can add value and have strong attention to detail. You will be a success if you:
As part of the Medical Communications team, you'll be responsible for the following activities:
- Identify areas for digital development within existing accounts and new business opportunities
- Take ownership of driving digital new business and deliverables in projects from start to finish
- Are pro-active with a desire to exceed expectations for internal and external clients
- Are able to add value to current client deliverables though your understanding of digital technologies
- Have excellent communications skills
- Are effective in planning and executing complex workflows, managing project timelines and budgets
- Are confident in liaising with third party suppliers and clients.
- Inspire others to upskill their digital competencies
What you'll bring:
- Support the Med Comms account teams to identify areas of their existing business where digital can enhance or improve current offerings
- Develop user requirements, budgets and functional specs
- Up-skill team members in digital competencies including Veeva, Social media and multichannel marketing
- Review opportunities in existing accounts for digital tactics and work closely with the account handling team to propose these to clients
- To work alongside account handling teams to scope digital projects and ensure these are budgeted accurately
- Review proposals that contain digital deliverables or channels to ensure they have been approached in a compliant manner
- Write technical briefing documents to share with the digital team
- Oversee the delivery of digital projects for Med Comms accounts
- Work with the digital teams to evaluate new technologies as they become available and assess how these may be applicable to PBC deliverables or client projects
- +3yrs experience of managing digital projects within the pharmaceutical industry
- Qualification in digital marketing preferred but not essential; providing expertise in the scoping, development and delivery of digital projects, demonstrated by suitable qualification such as IDM or CIM diploma or higher
- A background in medical communications is preferred
- Experience of defining digital communication strategies for global and regional medical affairs teams as well as the development and execution of digital tactics for healthcare professionals and/or patients
- Experience in multichannel marketing strategy/tactical planning preferred
- Can develop a client brief into user requirements and functional specification, including wireframes.
- Can brief and manage technical development teams from scope through to implementation, using both a waterfall and agile approach.
This really is an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation and an exciting team going through a period of growth. For more information and a full job description, please contact Ben Turner at RBW Consulting.