An exciting opportunity with a well-known transport company as they look to improve their internal communications offering.
Due to increased demand for internal communications across the region, my client is looking for an IC Manager to join with an immediate start. The hiring manager is particularly interested in candidates with a passion and enthusiasm for communications who are comfortable working in an ever changing environment.
The ability to build strong relationships and create engaging content is essential to the success of this role, as is experience measuring communications campaigns and understanding and advising on IC best practice. This role sits in a wider team of eight and covers the Welsh and Western England regions of the UK with an audience of c.5,500 employees.
Please note: the successful candidate will need to be able to work from either the Swindon or Cardiff office at least once a week.Responsibilities:
- Develop editorial policy and guidelines for internal communications channels covering a specific geographical route.
- Manage the delivery of IC content to time and production deadlines, with the appropriate tone, language, content and house-style.
- Support the Senior Communications Manager and work closely with the central Internal Communications team to develop and deliver the IC strategy.
- Implement regular reviews of the multi-media IC channels to improve effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver production schedules for IC channels.
- Work with IC Business Partners to deliver internal communications content that meets business objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other Communications colleagues to deliver "joined-up" internal and external messages.
- Sound knowledge of strategic corporate communications practices
- Substantial experience of internal communication
- Ability to provide guidance on communication issues and develop strategies to support business objectives
- Ability to influence and impact key decisions at a senior level
- Ability to shape and deliver key messages to various audiences and their individual needs
- Excellent writing skills
- Editorial/journalist skills
- Education to degree level or professional qualification in Communications