We are recruiting for a multi skilled maintenance engineer to work in a clean automated distribution centre for a leading logistics company, based Bedford working a Monday-Friday basis, 8 hour shifts!
Inside the clean warehouse is a variety of MHE, consisting of conveyor systems, sorting machinery, storage and retrieval systems, hydraulics, pneuamtics etc.
The position is working on a Monday-Friday basis. Earlies and lates. Working in a distribution centre. The more people that buy online, the busier the site gets! O/T is available during peak periods such as Christmas, Black Friday, Summer etc. On average there is 20 hours a month of O/T for the engineers (not mandatory)
You will be responsible for;
- Ensure all planned preventative maintenance schedules are completed to high standards every time.
- Carry out repairs/ maintenance tasks, with a first time fix approach.
- Ensure any spares are booked out to the correct asset.
- Ensure any Company Quality Health & Safety objectives and statutory obligations are adhered to at all time.
- Salary of £34,000
- Monday-Friday Shift pattern, earlies and lates (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm)
- The facility is based in Bedford MK42 postcode
- Multi-skilled engineer with experience working in automation
- ONC/HNC/BTEC or equivalent in Engineering
- Experience of automated materials handling equipment
- Ability to work in time critical environment
- Excellent communication skills and good work ethic
The right candidate must have a background especially with conveyor systems, hydraulics and pneumatics. Any experience within sortation machinery is a huge advantage. The site is less than 2 years old, so there are still some teething issues with the machinery as expected. Keeping you busy at all times.
For more information, please email ,
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90785597