Community Registered Nurse
Trailblazer Social Care Ltd is on an exciting journey having been awarded a contract with Calderdale Council and NHS starting in November.This is covering the areas South of Calderdale; from Bradford and stretching across to Barkisland and Ripponden. The contract provides care and support to people of all ages and abilities.
Trailblazer is seeking a caring, compassionate and enthusiastic Registered Nurse, with a general nursing background within the NHS/ LD / complex care sector and who is looking for flexibility and adaptability within the role.About the role:
The work is focused on promoting independence, enabling our service users to remain in their own homes and reduce the need for hospital admission or long-term care.
As a Registered Nurse, we understand the work you do daily, and we will provide the support you need to make a difference to the people entrusted in our care and to the wider community.
The position is dual hatted as both the Community Nurse and Social Care Assessor.The ideal candidate will be someone who has experience of working in a health and/or social care setting, and who has knowledge of the Care Act; and the ability to apply it in practice.
This role requires a candidate with a flexible approach to the working week; including early starts/evening and weekend work. There will be opportunities for working remotely, and you be provided with a work laptop and mobile phone. You will also be expected to come to the office for updates and office meetings. Skills & Experience
Role & Responsibilities
- Current NMC registration Qualification/Active PIN
- Comprehensive knowledge of and ability to implement strategies and approaches to deliver CQC standards
- Training related to Health & Social Care Assessments
- Experience of working within Multi-Disciplinary Teams
- A thorough Knowledge of overall Safeguarding Procedures and participating in Safeguarding investigation meetings.
- Experience of managing a caseload including working with people experiencing a range of physical disabilities, medical, mental health, and learning difficulties
- Possess evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, and good verbal/written communication
- Have evidence of good observation / interviewing / probing / analytical skills
- Competent IT skills
In return Trailblazer offers:
- Compiling and maintaining Care Plans/Risk Assessments
- Overall responsibility over the safety and well being of the people we support .
- Ensuring high standards of care and support are delivered
- Expected to cover calls as and when required
- Delivering training on a range of clinical / medical aspects
- Assessing for a range of competences within the team eg medication competences / moving and handling competences, care certificate standards competences .
- Undertaking period audits and implementing plans to address any identified concerns
- RAG assessments reviews on a weekly basis
- To participate in the recruitment of health care workers
- Assisting in the invoicing of CCG funded clients
- To participate in the On-call rota (when required)
- Uphold our organisational values of Respect , Caring , Professionalism and Accountability
- Regular formal and informal support
- A safe, supportive and positive working environment
- 28 Annual Leave & 8 x Public Holidays
- Motor Mileage Allowance
- Transfer options after 2 years in post, allowing for continuous development of skills and knowledge in different Adult Social Care settings
- Robust supervision and accredited post-qualified training opportunities, access to mandatory training and workshops
- Clear career progression pathways to support you in progressing professionally and personally
Full-time position - 37 ½ hours per week
Salary Negotiable (dependent on experience)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90783860