Cyber Security Engineer
SAFe - ISO 27001 - CISSP
Are you an experienced IT Security Analyst / Engineer with a strong passion for protecting valuable IT systems and data from cyber-attacks and other criminal activity? Do you want to work in a DevSecOps environment providing a critical service to a leading financial organisation based in the South West? Do you welcome accountability and end-to-end responsibility for monitoring threats and implementing security solutions?
We are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer with a strong background in IT security and experience in monitoring for and identifying security threats across a broad IT ecosystem. In addition to identifying threats, you will be responsible for assessing severity, reporting of threats, raising alarm, and resolving or escalating as appropriate. The role will involve:
About You: Essential Skills:
- Monitoring and respond to attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity including 'phishing' emails and 'pharming' activity. Identification of potential weaknesses and implementation of measures, such as firewalls and encryption. Designing new security systems or upgrade existing ones.
- Using advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities. Investigation of security alerts and the provision of incident responses.
- Creation of attack and vulnerability dashboards and reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
- Identification and evaluation of business and technology risks.
- Maintaining an information asset inventory.
- Supporting the simulation of security breaches and recovery scenarios.
- Constantly challenge existing practices and processes and suggest improvements. Developing, implementing and sharing best practice.
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role. A good understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them, ideally gained in a regulated environment.
- Penetration and vulnerability testing including remediation.
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus.
- Proven experience of working within a DevSecOps environment.
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and public cloud hosting.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and assess risks, threats, patterns and trends.
- Teamworking skills in order to collaborate with team members and third-party providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing, presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals.
- Planning and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks and meet deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workloads with good attention to detail. Able to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- A recognised security related qualification, ideally CISSP.
- Experience in gaining ISO 27001 accreditation.
- Degree qualification or equivalent - preferably in a maths, science, computer science or similar field.
- Experience of working within a SAFe framework.
- Experience of working in the UK Financial Services sector.
Extensive benefits include:
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- Working from home options available and the role currently will be fully remote
- Flexible working hours available.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Hack days.
- Attend conferences and meet-up events.
- Regular social events.
- Private Medical scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90783491