Senior Java Developer, Java 8/11, Kotlin, Spring Boot, Terraform, K8s, AWSPermanent, Leeds£55,000 - £75,000Flexible working, 25 days holiday, annual bonus, pension contribution
Fruition IT are recruiting a Senior Java Developer on behalf of a recognised household brand. This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Engineer to be a Technical Lead, where you will have the opportunity to shape a product team, this is a hands on role.
Our client are conducting a video interview process for this role and onboarding new employees remotely. Why Apply?
Working for a recognised household brand who are passionate about content, pushing the boundaries and being innovative, whilst working with the latest tech stacks.
You'll be working with technology such as; Java 8 (moving to Java 11), Spring Boot, Kotlin, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes and AWS.
You'll be following agile principles, working in a cloud first environment.
You will join an organisation who have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation! They are investing heavily into technology and are
consistently exploring new technologies and agile tools. What will I be doing?
Technology they use:
- Leading the team to deliver robust, secure, scalable, tested, and documented capabilities.
- Delivering quality, well tested and maintainable code that meets the requirements of the users in an incremental process
- Coming up with innovative and appropriate solutions to problems
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders, business analysts, users, testers, and platform engineers to agree solutions
- Supporting and maintaining existing developed applications in production
- Understanding the build pipeline and how the applications are deployed
- Sharing good practices and interesting content with other members of the wider team, e.g. via regular show & tell sessions
- Java 8 (moving to Java 11)
- In house systems developed following a microservice architecture
- Spring Boot / Drop Wizard
- Angular / React
- CI / CD pipeline using maven, GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet
This organisation is constantly evaluating their technology choices, and are flexible for new projects. For example, they are currently evaluating Kotlin and Micronaut.
They also use Google products for email and document sharing, Apple hardware for development, and Slack for internal communication.
To find out more and explore this opportunity further, please apply and feel free to contact Matt Wood on 0113 323 9748.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90785162