AM2PM Recruitment are currently recruiting for one of their prestigious engineering company's based in the West Bromwich area. We are recruiting for various roles using various machines and controls. If you have experience in any type of CNC programming setting and Operating them please we want to know.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a large busy team operating CNC machines helping the company meet production requirements. Working within the production team you will support the team leaders and Engineering Manager.Objectives
- To program, set & operate CNC machines efficiently in line with the production plan, producing precision components to drawing and customer specification.
- To have a positive and flexible approach to working; all within the constraints of ethical trading & good engineering practice.
- To constantly challenge the norm to help drive forward continual improvements in products, processes and cost control
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed you may be required to perform other duties assigned by your manager as reasonably required.Required Skills / Attributes
- At least 2 years' experience in working with CNC machines in programming, setting and operating capacities.
- Previous experience of both Fanuc & Siemens controls is essential.
- The ability to create and modify programs from engineering drawings.
- The ability to plan effective work routings and manufacturing methods for new product.
- The ability to analyse and challenge current manufacturing methods, suggesting and implementing improvement initiatives.
- The ability to set and operate more than one machine as and when required.
- To be comfortable operating within a small batch manufacturing environment.
- To be motivated with a "can do" attitude, a proven track record in CNC milling with the initiative to add value and drive the department forward.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday