PCV TechnicianPembrook Resourcing are currently looking to recruit a Passenger Commercial Vehicle Technician on behalf of one of our very well-known clients. Would you like to work for one of the biggest UK public transport providers? Look no further... The Purpose of the Role:
You will be required to undertake all aspects of mechanical vehicle maintenance ranging from running defects, full servicing, vehicle overhauls, MOT preparation and presentation.Duties:
- The Mechanic will be carrying out service, repair, maintenance and inspections on a range of state-of-the-art coaches.
- Carrying out warranty repairs.
- Visual inspections, adjustment operations and testing. Stripping fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
- Maintain inventory records and Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Completion of Company and legislative paperwork and keep up to date records of the maintenance programs.
- Organisation and care of garage work area, including securing of the area after work hours.
- Care, storage, and inventory of tools, materials, equipment, and facilities
- Responsible for routine inspection/maintenance of company vehicles in accordance with established company procedure and DVSA and TfL requirements.
- To diagnose faults by road testing vehicle and using laptop diagnostic software, pressure and brake gauges, rolling roads, multimeters, etc. To refer to the Engineering Manager/Deputy Engineering Manager, where necessary, for approval for repair.
- To undertake mechanical, electrical and some minor body repair. To road test on completion of repair.
- To work in accordance with safe working practices as stated in the Company's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- To train/mentor apprentices and new recruits.
- To keep abreast of environmental and technical development.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by senior management that lies within the scope of the jobholder's responsibilities.
- To ensure that all engineering staff/contractors comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Company Health and Safety policy and other current legislation including COSHH and manual handling regulations. To bring to the attention of the Engineering Manager any relevant deficiencies that may arise.
The post holder should have the following skills
- To ensure that all appropriate documentation and records are maintained accurately in order to satisfy the requirements of the Department of Transport Operators licence and Company policies and procedures.
·Sound interpersonal skills including good communication and the ability to supervise others
·Computer Skills including laptop diagnosis
·Planning and prioritising
·Ideally have an PCV licence (Not essential)
Attractive package for the right candidates to be discussed at interview
Salary: £16 to £19.00 /hourIT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO INCLUDE CORRECT CONTACT DETAILS, SO WE CAN CONTACT YOU REGARDING THE APPLICATION MADE! We wish you the best of luck!