Sustainability / Building Physics Engineer
One of my long-known clients who is a successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent is looking for a Sustainability/Building Physics Consultant to join the team in London. They have been established for over 30 years and have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport.
* Educated to master's level in Engineering or the built environment. Good understanding of mechanical building services with background in building physics and passive design.
* Demonstrable knowledge on sustainability and building physics issues affecting the built environment. In particular: passive design, thermal comfort, operational energy and compliance modelling is required.
* Competent in the production of Energy Strategies for planning applications (GLA) and UK Building Regulations Part L compliance assessments using NHER (SAP) and IES (SBEM/DSM).
* Relevant practical experience in HVAC modelling, in-use energy modelling (operational energy - CIBSE TM54), dynamic modelling for thermal comfort and overheating risk using IES (CIBSE TM52/TM59).
* Practical knowledge on passive design, façade performance, shading, daylighting and renewable energy technologies.
* Working knowledge of Environmental Assessment Methodology such as BREEAM/WELL.
* Ideally Accredited Low Carbon Energy Assessor and/or On Construction Domestic Energy assessor.
* Knowledge of whole life carbon analysis, life cycle carbon costing is highly desirable.
* The ideal candidate should have experience working within the whole construction process from concept to handover and demonstrate genuine interest in sustainability and low and zero carbon building design.
* Technical project leadership
* Client management and project delivery for our key work streams: Building physics, Building performance and operational energy optimisation, Net Zero Carbon, Sustainability and Certification and Compliance.
Please do not hesitate to contact Kate Murrells at BSV Recruitment if you have any other questions regarding the position or just simply apply and I will get in touch