Location: Within a days return travel of Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced (4 years minimum)
Role: Full Stack Software Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Package: Competitive salary and company bonus, health scheme, dental scheme
Salary: 40,000 - 60,000 GBP based on experience
About our client:
Our client is a fast-growing technology provider with revenue of approximately £50 million. They help enterprises move their global communications into the cloud, which promotes flexible working for employees, increased productivity, and reduced complexity and cost. Their solutions include cloud telephony and premium remote meetings, all delivered over their own global voice network. In 2016, they floated on the London Stock Exchange.
The company has offices in 15 major cities across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific, giving the global reach to support the largest multinationals. They are a trusted partner to more than 5,000 enterprises around the world.
The business contains a diverse range of talent. Many people join the team as new or recent graduates and rise rapidly within the firm. The client has an experienced leadership team, many of whom have held senior roles at successful start-ups, blue-chip multinationals or leading professional services firms. The result is a committed, collaborative, healthily competitive and successful working environment.
About the role
As a member of the Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing the systems and features behind a best-in-class remote meetings product. You will work as part of an ambitious fast-paced Agile scrum team to build world-class highly scalable real-time software and as such, must be adaptable enough to work anywhere in the stack from databases and backend APIs to website and mobile apps.
We're currently seeking an ambitious and hard-working individual to carry out the following:
* Develop high-quality software in a variety of different programming languages and frameworks.
* Apply commonly used engineering practices such as test-driven development, continuous delivery and extreme programming.
* Participate in an agile development process and collaborate closely with the rest of the development team daily.
* Write tests and ensure that the software being delivered is error-free.
* Provide work estimates for relevant engineering tasks.
* Accurately estimate task durations and meet schedules.
The position reports to a Principal Engineer based in Milton Keynes.
Our client is a meritocracy. If you work hard and do well - with their help and support - there are no artificial limits to your speed of progress.
Essential skills are; proficiency in:
* Domain Driven Design (DDD)
* Test Driven Design (TDD)
* Design and Development of REST APIs
* Single page application - e.g. React.js, Vue.js
* SQL Server object creation - tables, views, stored procedures etc.
* Azure DevOps - build and release
* experience of telecoms billing systems
* windows server management
* Experience with React, Vue or similar front-end frameworks
* Experience writing unit tests using, xUnit, Mocha, Jest or other similar unit testing frameworks.
Familiarity with JIRA or any other defect tracking system