Objective HR are currently recruiting for a fantastic firm of Chartered Accountants based in Leigh-on-Sea, who are seeking a semi-senior accountant. The firm has a strong belief in focusing on the best accountancy software to help staff and clients work more efficiently.
They offer a wide range of services to a range of businesses and individuals and have a diverse and loyal client base.
This practice is one of the best environments for your development, their approach is committed, caring and conscientious and a big emphasis is placed on employees maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
Responsibilities will include:
* Statutory accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
* Management accounting and bookkeeping
* VAT returns
* Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns
* Networking and Business Development
* Liaising with clients, Companies House and Third Parties
* Preparation of Management Accounts
* Managing a portfolio of clients
* Able to think outside the box and be creative
* Liaising with clients on accounts and tax issues as required
* A minimum 3 years previous experience within a finance role (Practice or Industry)
* AAT Qualified or Part-Qualified ACCA / ACA - (Study support can be provided)
* Confidence and experience in bookkeeping, VAT compliance and preparation of limited company accounts ready for partner review.
* Professional personable manner with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Be comfortable managing workloads and client deadlines and working relatively unsupervised.
* Good time management and experience keeping timesheets.
* Competent using MS Office products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Experience using a range of accounting systems (e.g Xero, Sage, Quickbooks)
If you are interested in knowing more regarding this vacancy, please either apply direct or contact Ben Bennett at Objective HR