Our client is at the fore front of managed services and hosted IT solutions, providing services to a variety of clients across multiple sectors. They offer cloud solutions including; VMware, Veeam Cloud Connect and Zerto . Using market leading platforms they give their end clients absolute confidence in the stability and support.
Due to their continued success our client is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team based in Cambridgeshire. The successful applicant will have had Cloud Sales experience and more specifically a proven track record in selling hosted solutions.
* Develop and present major deal/account strategies
* Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities
* Experienced Business Development Manager at C level
* Responsible for full sales cycle from proactively generating lead to close
* Management of the quality of overall deliverables and pursuit strategy throughout the whole sales process
* Run sales campaigns on target client lists based on a clear understanding of the client's proposition meeting the requirements of the chosen target list
* Work closely with technical team to perform presales feasibility assessments of how well the client's solutions meet the customer requirements and what customisation would be required
* Maintain clear business understanding of your customers business needs and how the client meets them - where appropriate drive technical teams to develop new propositions
* Generate case studies and Customer focussed PR activity to highlight capabilities to the prospect base
* Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed
* Ability to build and gain customer engagement and sign off on strategic deal focus
* Proven successful commercial experience of achieving targets within a strategic sales environment, incorporating value/solutions service selling ideally within the IT/ Technology sector (e.g. IT/ software/ ecommerce services, web/ application/ platform hosting, managed services, virtualization, datacentre, SaaS, Cloud computing, Co-location, ISP)
* Proven territory development skills. Must be able to generate, qualify and close business opportunities
* Strong full life cycle B2B sales experience in a Business Development Manager Role
* Proven ability to meet and exceed targets in the shape of KPIs and a monthly revenue quota.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
* Excellent rapport building skills via the phone, email and face to face to ensure the effective delivery of proposals
* Proven ability to prioritise and work on a number of opportunities at any time within a challenging monthly driven cycle. A key area here is the ability to drive longer term strategic opportunities whilst working transactional business to deliver the monthly target
* Responding to RFIs, RFQs and working with peers on negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
* Professional sales training and sales process knowledge
* Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or relevant commercial experience
* Good Knowledge of VMware Solutions, Veeam, Microsoft 365
* Previously sold/delivered transitional projects from in house solutions to cloud hosted solutions
* Must have sold service contracts and understand annuity revenues
* Accomplished Business Development Manager with associated presentation skills
* 25 Days Holiday
* Competitive Salary - Business Development Manager role can expect six figure OTE