Bordering the Thames in Fulham and set in 42 acres of magnificent grounds, The Hurlingham Club is a green oasis of tradition and international renown and is recognised throughout the world as one of Britain's greatest private members' clubs.
The Finance team is a small, friendly team of seven who are responsible for the Club's finances. This involves, among other things, preparing monthly financial statements, paying all salaries and wages, recording and banking all income, managing the Club Card, and paying suppliers.
As Head of Finance you will report into the Chief Finance Officer. Head of Finance responsibilities will include:
· Controlling the Club finances, including Food & Beverage accounts with the F&B Finance Manager, maintaining internal procedures, financial controls and reporting.
· Producing management information based on detailed financial analysis, in order to implement strategies to better manage Club activities.
· Preparing annual budgets and controlling income and costs against budgets.
· The production of the monthly management accounts and year-end financial statements for the Committee Report.
· Attending and producing information for committee meetings and relevant working groups.
· Pension Trustee committee administration and secretarial responsibilities.
· Managing, developing and appraising the Finance team.
· Preparation for the annual audit.
· Oversight of the monthly payroll.
Candidates will embody our Club values; excellence, prudence, integrity, courtesy. The ideal candidate will have experience of payroll, BACs and Direct Debit procedures and purchase ledger systems and will ideally be a qualified or part qualified certified or management accountant. You must have previously worked in a hospitality background and have knowledge of F&B accounts. Advanced experience in both Excel is essential. Knowledge of Exchequer Enterprise would be preferable but is not a requirement as full training will be given. Experience working in a committee led organisation and also of dealing with defined benefit pension schemes is desirable but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to join the Finance team in a prestigious private members club. Our benefits include 31 days' holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), rising to 36 after five years' service, life assurance, Group Income Protection, a sick pay scheme, meals on duty, onsite parking, a discretionary annual bonus scheme and a generous pension scheme, along with other discretionary benefits.