Electronic Manufacturing Engineer, Process Development
Dynamic, design, development and manufacturer of hi-tech products incorporating ground-breaking new technology.
We have an unrivalled opportunity for an experienced electrical / electronic biased Manufacturing Engineer to play a pivotal role supporting the development of the electronic aspects of our production processes for a key new product line.
We are a highly innovative manufacturer of technically advanced products. As a result of our continued expansion we are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in a key role developing our production processes and supporting the transition of new products into production.
The role of electronic Manufacturing Engineer will be a highly autonomous role and we are seeking an individual with the ability to deliver improvements and support process development to enable us to ramp up production from prototype to full scale manufacture. As such, you will be a hands-on engineer with a significant shop floor presence and a track record of process optimisation and design for manufacture (DFM) / New Product Introduction (NPI) acumen to bring to the role.
As Manufacturing Engineer you will have a proven track record of understanding complex engineering production processes, in order to scale up and consolidate the product/process. You will be electronic biased and have worked in complex electro-mechanical assembly environments hopefully around new/prototype products as you will have to develop, specify and layout manual and automated assembly processes and develop any supporting production equipment.
Key responsibilities will include:
· New Product Introduction (NPI). Support production launch of new product variants, new equipment and tooling
- Support the development of manufacturing processes and innovative designs for ways new technology or materials can be applied
- ork closely with key suppliers and customers on both design and development issues
- Production area routings / layouts and material flow improvements
- Producing standardised work instructions, process flowcharts, process FMEAs, control plans and production build records through to training plans for new products
To succeed in this interesting role you will be an HNC /Degree qualified engineer in an electrical /electronic or related manufacturing or production engineering discipline (or have relevant industrial experience) with proven experience of:
· Electronic design for manufacture / design for assembly background (DFM / DFA)
- Familiar with lean tools such as FMEAs, 8Ds as well as associated engineering practices
- A working knowledge of electronic components and their related properties / processing (any knowledge of power/ control electronics highly desirable)
- First class communication skills as you will be working with customers and suppliers to detail requirements and
In return, you will be rewarded with a varied, highly autonomous role where you can directly influence the way products are manufactured.
You will also have the opportunity to work as part of a professional, team focussed environment within our smart manufacturing facility working to world class standards with real career progression and on-going development opportunities