Just FMCG are currently recruiting for a well known food manufacturer in the Norfolk area. We are looking for an experienced Shift Manager for a protein environment.
The position will be on a shift pattern including day and night shifts and will include taking direct responsible for a production shift, effectively and efficiently managing the resources at your disposal, to ensure best use of people, plant and materials, and that the area under your control achieve the targets for output volume, quality and efficiency.
- Ensuring that H&S guidelines are followed, actively driving identification of hazards to prevent accidents and investigate accidents putting corrective actions in place.
- Managing teams, including annual leave and sickness cover operating at optimal efficiency.
- Ensuring production schedules are implemented, managing availability of labour and materials to achieve plans.
- Ensuring production records are accurately maintained and communicated effectively with other departments.
- Ensuring working areas, process and documentation are working to the relevant audit compliance levels.
- Undertaking daily review of yield data, waste streams and energy and ensure these metrics are effectively and accurately recorded and captured efficiencies to identify areas for improvement.
- Working in alignment with the site management teams on active continuous improvement projects, delivering company's policies and strategy goals
- Previous experience in managing shifts and deploying lean within a fast paced FMCG environment, ideally short shelf life food production.
- H&S Qualifications, IOSH and Food Safety L3.
- Flexibility to shifts and overtime.