Job Title:MechanicOverall Job Purpose:
To work as part of the service team by undertaking a variety of task and projects; these projects will primarily to fit, service and carry out routine maintenance on high-pressure jetting systems and plant equipment. The successful candidate will primarily be working our workshop but will be expected to work on site for clients throughout the southwest when required.Responsible to:
Service Manager & Managing DirectorMain Duties and Responsibilities
Personal Qualities and QualificationsPersonal Specifications:
- Inspecting and assessing the condition and operation of various equipment and systems
- Conducting diagnostics and fault-finding
- Installation, servicing and repairs of hydraulic systems, jetting systems and plant equipment.
- Various mechanical fitting and installation tasks.
- Liaising with other departments and company suppliers
- General administration and record keeping of work undertaken and completion of job sheets.
Qualifications and Certification:
- Previous experience working as a Mechanical Fitter / Engineer
- Previous experience in Mechanical Plant repair and maintenance
- Excellent diagnostics, fault-finding and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage you own time and prioritise workload
- Flexible approach to work as jobs vary each day
Additional InformationWorking Hours:
- Valid Driving license
- In the absence of qualifications, relevant experience will of course be considered
Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm / Overtime when requiredLocation:
Near Exeter (30 mins drive approx.)Remuneration:
£26,000 (Starting Salary) - Increasing after probationProbation:
6 month probationary periodAdditional Benefits:
- Company Van - (after completion of probation)
- Pension Scheme
- 20 Days Annual Holidays + Bank Holidays
- Further training (at manager's discretion)
Our client is a well-established leading company that has been based in the south west for many years, only a short commute form Exeter. This role offers the successful candidate to work in a very unique field of engineering conducting maintenance, repairs and installations of a variety of plant and mechanical systems.