Part Time 0.77 FTE
Are you passionate about learning and inspiring others to learn? Do you have a desire to ignite that passion in others and enable them to fulfill their potential? Are you creative and keen to provide innovative approaches to enable teaching and learning? If this sounds like you, then come and join us at Bradford College where our people transform lives.
As an Electrical Technician, you will Support teachers to develop students' skills in the workshop and ensure that they have the resources and support needed to deliver outstanding lessons. You will support the behaviour management of students in the workshop and across campus and will help students develop modern, safe working practices and behaviours - in both technical (vocational skills) and employability skills. You will also ensure that the specific locations you are responsible for are at all times professional in appearance and inspection ready, and proactively develop and promote close links with employer/industry partners - including suppliers. We welcome applicants who are currently working within this industry and who are interested in a career change.
Who we are:
Bradford College is a dynamic College in the heart of West Yorkshire, offering further education and higher education to its diverse learners. The College has a strong commitment to delivering an outstanding student experience through a broad and inspiring curriculum. We are entrepreneurial, well-resourced, decisive, and committed to building the Bradford College Brand through a period of cultural change resulting in meeting our strategic objective of becoming an 'employer of choice'.
Who You Are:
- hold a GCSE grade 9 - 4 or nationally recognised equivalent qualification (GCSE A*-C, CSE 1, O-Level A-C) in Maths and English
- hold a minimum level 2 vocational electrical qualification
- have academic, industrial or commercial electrical experience
- hold a level 2 IT qualification or commensurate skills
- have experience of being the first point of contact for students and stakeholders,
- have a demonstrable passion for self-improvement and learning; able to communicate the need for working hard, not settling for second best and committing to excellence - using industry standards as an exemplar
- have experience of working with people to develop their skills (trainees/work experience/apprentices/students/colleagues/new employees to the industry/business)
- have high behavioural expectations of all students - with equally high levels of rigour and support
- work with the teachers and management team to be 'one voice' when we set expectations and model behaviours
- be skilled in negotiation and de-escalation of conflict and redirection of energy to our core values and expected behaviours
- be able to share your experiences of industry to make what students are learning real and relevant to their future career
- Lucrative pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training & Development opportunities
- Money saving options with local organisations
- Experience a dynamic company culture, challenging you to be your best
- Opportunity to be an individual and use your initiative to try new methods
A check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Bradford College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90787898