The Storage Subject Matter Expert (SME) is an architect for the storage component of a High Performance Compute technical solution. The Storage Architects role is to understand customer's business environment, business drivers and, business and commercial issues. This understanding is to be used to:
- Contribute to Design workshops and engage with the customers experts to assure the High Performance Compute project's approach and output artefacts.
- Contribute to solution / service / security trade-off decisions.
- Contribute to developing and documenting the Design of the High Performance Compute project's solution during the Design Phase of the High Performance Compute project.
- Assist with the High Performance Compute project's performance benchmarking of the solution.
- Prepare for the Implementation Phase of the High Performance Compute project.
- Design and development of the cluster and high performance storage components
- Design and development of low latency parallel file systems - with high bandwidth
- Experience of managing a shared storage system
- Parallel file system
- Luster type file system
Location - Remote with Occasional customer travel
Salary - c£70,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90787837