My client who is a leading name within the health sector are expanding/restructuring their procurement team and are looking for an outgoing, high energy Procurement & Contracts Manager to support on indirect spend across the function. You will cover a range of goods and services, including FM, IT, equipment, fleet, uniforms and estates and will be well versed in managing multiple projects simultaneously. You will be a self-starter and have the drive and energy this role requires to devise not only a long term strategy for procurement in these areas, but the ability to win hearts and minds along the way!
You will ensure that along with meeting the organisations core objectives, value for money and cost saving initiatives are met in accordance with OJEU and EU regulations. This will be a relatively small team but these are integral roles, therefore you will require the ability to work autonomously and be self-sufficient. You will manage and engage with stakeholders from each business unit, acting as a Public Sector procurement advisor to each one, guiding them on the end to end process through an OJEU tender for their specific area of spend.
Key areas -
- Experience of working on Public Sector procurement projects (OJEU/EU)
- Must be enthusiastic and extremely driven
- Proven procurement experience across a full range of indirect spend categories (FM, estates, IT, utilities, fleet)
- Supplier Management and contract negotiation within the Public Sector
- Experience of working in the health sector (desirable)
- Effective stakeholder management
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- CIPS Qualified or working towards