OPRA are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced VAT Manager on behalf of a global organisation based in Basildon. My client is offering a direct route to progression.
The Tax Manager, EMEA will be responsible for the complete end to end VAT compliance process for all EMEA entities. You will join a global in-house tax team and get involved in a wide variety of projects around compliance, supply chain and process improvement. You will manage 3 Tax Analysts who are responsible for the day-to-day preparation of the VAT returns.
Your role will focus on the following key activities:
* Review of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat returns for all EMEA entities ensuring that returns are prepared on an accurate and timely basis
* Review annual adjustment calculations for all required entities
* Proactive identification / appraisal of VAT issues and opportunities in all key business areas including opportunities to maximise input VAT recovery
* Work with local finance teams to ensure VAT reporting is complete and correct
* Provide practical and timely advice to EMEA business colleagues on VAT impact of specific business transactions e.g. new client contracts, new products and services
* Work closely with the Global Transfer Pricing team to advise on VAT treatment of intercompany transactions and ensure that the intercompany supply chain is efficient from a VAT perspective
* Assist with management of VAT audits around Europe, including liaising with local advisers as required,
* Monitor tax law changes around EMEA and assess impact on the business.
* Assist in the review of and implementation of VAT processes to increase efficiency
* Manage the tax analysts and provide staff development training for the team
* Work on projects as part of a cross functional team
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role in an accounting practice and/or industry with detailed knowledge and understanding of EU VAT regulations in respect of financial services and partial exemption.
* Accounting qualification essential - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
* CTA qualified tax professional desirable
* Good understanding of accounting and its implications on VAT
For more information, please apply today