At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Purpose/Objective of the job
Key Responsibilities and Major Duties
- This role is responsible for the design and execution of: ad-hoc & monthly analytics, forecasting and market research to answer key business questions, deliver strategic customer insights and drive improved decision-making in UK&I
- Supports & follows direction from the Associate Director(s) of Market Research & Analytics as well as collaborates with external agencies, off-shore resource, other Major Markets and WW BI&A counterparts
- This role will be allocated to one of 3 business units (Immuno Oncology, Innovative Medicines & Haematology), but there may be the need to flex across the business as needs & demands change over time.
- Supports the Associate Director(s) of Market Research & Analytics in being the primary point of contact for analytics, forecasting & market research needs
- Accurately assesses market landscape / business issues faced by brands or therapeutic areas, helps guide brand team to develop, frame and prioritise strategic key business questions
- Following direction from the Associate Director(s) of Market Research & Analytics, designs & executes appropriate: analytics, forecast models and market research studies
- Conducts ad-hoc & regular analysis on quantitative & qualitative data to support optimal decision making
- Updates existing forecast models assumptions & trends based on latest data to produce revised forecasts to support performance tracking, budget setting, quantify alternative scenarios to the base case & support business cases for investment decisions.
- Manages primary market research process using the BMS Quantum platform, including design & approval of all materials (screeners, questionnaires, discussion guides, stimulus etc) in partnership with external agencies & internal stakeholders. Sources syndicated studies & secondary data as appropriate/required.
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources to bring added value to market research studies or analytical projects, then draws and communicates customer insights in a business-oriented, concise and meaningful way to be delivered to the commercialization teams
- Continuously assesses current and new vendor capabilities and expertise to ensure that BMS is utilizing 'best in class' data, tools & methodologies.
- Liaises with Brand team to ensure all analytical, forecasting & market research insights are incorporated into broader brand strategy
- Liaises with Worldwide, other geographies and functional teams for efficient sharing and strategic adoption of learnings and capabilities
- BA/BS required (science or business preferred)
- MBA or Masters in a science or business subject helpful, but not essential
- Demonstrable experience within pharmaceutical/related market, can be industry or agency
- Working knowledge of analytical, forecasting & market research capabilities & demonstrable expertise in one of more of these
- Ability to leverage large, multi-dimensional data sets to drive business decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues and present to business stakeholders
- Preferred: Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare marketplace dynamics
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.