We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Profit Protection Analyst to join us at our Head offices in Leeds.Why Join our Finance Team?
As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of; Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. It's because of these values that we are the UK's leading consumer delivery service handling over 380 million parcels per year and still growing and our finance team help to drive that growth.What You'll Do:
Reporting into the Senior Finance Profit Protection Analyst you'll primarily be responsible for ensuring that the business is paid correctly for the services it delivers as well as:
Essential skills and experience required:
- Taking responsibly for the timely production and monitoring of invoices and reporting, as well as supporting general Revenue Protection (RP) initiatives around the business.
- Be key to supporting the identification of RP issues and opportunities, highlighting them to senior management as appropriate.
- Use a range of data sources and technologies, currently including Oracle, SAP and Excel.
- Querying and transforming data to produce accurate daily Profit Protection invoices
- Extracting and pivoting data to produce routine and ad-hoc analyses/reporting for a senior and board level audience
- Plan and produce specific reports aligned to the RP time table for a diverse audience up to board level
- Monitoring the performance and trends of various Profit Protection streams, highlighting any issues to the Senior Analyst / Revenue Protection Manager
- Supporting the ongoing implementation of Profit Protection projects with data analysis and root cause problem solving making meaningful recommendations on corrective action where appropriate
- Seek out and advocate opportunities for Profit Protection enhancements and initiatives through stakeholder feedback, data, and industry best practise
- Ensure that analysis activity undertaken is in line with the latest GDPR legislation and the use of personal data is fully compliant
Ideally you'll already have experience in an analytics/accounts style role such as Billing or Finance Analyst but don't worry if not as training is provided as long as you have:
Desirable skills and experience required:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and the use of advanced formulas and pivot tables (and be able to demonstrate this via short Excel test)
- An eye for detail, concern for accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Professional and flexible approach to work, you'll be highly organised and can hold yourself accountable to tough deadlines from a variety of internal and external customers
- Able to work on own initiative and solve problems to delight our clients
What we can offer you:
- Any VBA, database or SQL experience would be useful but not essential
- Use of SAP Business Objects would also be great
- Naturally any experience of logistics is also a bonus!
We can offer you a competitive salary, bonus, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 3% contribution into your pension, life assurance and income protection. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want shopping vouchers, insurance or healthcare we've got you covered.
This role offers fantastic opportunities for you to climb the career ladder into managerial roles within both the function and wider business. At Hermes, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, we thrive on it and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.Apply Today!
If you are ready to develop your career in an empowering, growing yet supportive business then why not join us? Clicking apply is the first step to 'Being the Me in Hermes'!