About the candidate:
- Must have a degree
- Must have a previous experience either as a Teaching Assistant or a Cover Supervisor
- Must be calm and professional as it is a busy environment to work in
About the school:
- Covering the lessons of absent staff across the school, supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy, providing cover for absent staff for a short or moderate period of time. Supply staff will cover long term absences.
- Managing the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Responding to any questions from students about process and procedures.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures.
- Collecting and taking books/equipment to classrooms as required for cover lessons, collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of students during the class, and any issues arising.
- Comply with school procedures when involved with trainee teachers who are delivering lessons.
- Attendance at school events during the school day. Attendance at after school sessions as required (time in lieu may be applicable for this).
- Associate Teachers are allocated to a House and will be required to participate in House/whole school assemblies and to assist with any cover requirements for Registration/PSHE.
This is an extremely successful, non-selective school, with a current roll of 1367, which includes a rapidly growing sixth form of approximately 300 and intense pressure for places in all other years. In addition to the school's reputation for academic success and quality pastoral care, they are also involved in a significant amount of work with other schools, both providing intensive support and delivering a wide range of training opportunities. The school has close links with local universities and are particularly proud of their staff induction programmes.
As lead school within a multi-academy trust, which includes a local primary school, there are numerous opportunities for staff to broaden their own professional experience and to seek career progression within the school. Many of their staff have achieved internal promotion and individually tailored development programmes ensure that appropriate training and support is provided for all. Everyone is encouraged to participate in whole school improvement work and we believe that this participation is a major factor in our continuing success.Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all applicants will be subject to a full face-to-face registration and an Enhanced DBS (Formerly known as CRB).