An Opportunity has arisen for a driven, results focused and agile Engineering Manager to join Sigmatex's Runcorn facility (group headquarters).Sigmatex is one of the world's leading independent converters of carbon fibre. With the widest range of textile technologies and proprietary manufacturing equipment, Sigmatex supplies a wide spectrum of advanced composite materials to the Automotive, Aerospace, Marine, Wind Energy, Sports and Leisure markets from its global locationsSummary of the role:
To develop and lead implementation of a 'best in class' engineering strategy.To support budget delivery through optimisation of asset care and machine uptime. To provide leadership, training and coaching to the Engineering & Production maintenance teams.Formal education/qualifications required:
Essential: Formal electrical qualifications (18th Edition preferable)
Preferable: Degree level qualification in Electrical Engineering or similarEssential skills required include:
- Time served multi-skilled Engineer with electrical bias
- Experience managing Engineers
- PLC knowledge
- Development of PPM programs
- Relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Implementation of Reliability Excellence programs
- Best practice tools knowledge including Autonomous Maintenance and Preventative
- Assess current state and develop a site wide engineering strategy
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to engineering & production maintenance teams.
- Hands-on breakdown repairs and improvement work.
- Effective project management of Safety, CI and plant installation projects.
- Set and control engineering cost budget for all departments.
- Facilities management responsibility for site.
- Ensure contractor adherence to site H&S rules.
- Ensure departmental compliance with AS9100D & IATF 16949.
- Develop standard repair times and measure adherence.
- Introduce and improve departmental KPI's (eg MTTB, MTTR, downtime, quality).
- Establish and continuously improve a PPM system for all plant, building up a history of plant reliability/failures.
- Introduce effective condition monitoring for key assets.
Visit our website: www.sigmatex.com/careers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90790233