Our client manufacture bespoke glass for both supply only and supply & install projects ranging in size from a single panel to 100's of panels. Their reputation is built on service, quality of product and a 'can-do' approach: we work very closely with our customers throughout projects helping them to create achievable design solutions to concept ideas by helping to source appropriate glass for their projects, VE options, hardware, install direction etc.
The right applicant will be positive and solution focused. Someone who relishes hard-work and multi-taking every single day. Enjoys managing their own diary to its optimum. Will likely have worked on the tools at some point in their career (or have done a huge amount of difficult DIY!), very confident with architectural drawings, CAD, build-ups and specifications. Articulate both verbally and in writing, prefers to talk than be a key-board warrior but acknowledges the importance of confirming agreements in writing. Fully appreciates that whilst the client is key it is equally important to lead them to solutions that best suit our manufacturing capabilities.
A large amount works is high end with demanding customers who expect us to help them turn visions into reality. We are not designers but work with them to deliver their ideas. Showers, mirrors, splash-backs and paneling is our life-blood but what makes us different is that they might be back-lit, framed, fitted into marble walls with invisible fixings etc.
We are now looking to add to our Supply & Install team with this new technical project manager role. A role that will involve:
* Working out of our offices in Dunstable up to 4 days per week and attending sites on the other day(s)
* When office based you will:
* be overseeing and directing our estimators on the technical elements of a tender to ensure the quote takes into account all requirements, so a knowledge and understanding of how to read and extract details from drawings is key (and when knowledgeable enough overseeing quotes before they go out)
* be browsing through large tenders when they come in to identify our optimum approach in order to guide preparation of the tender
* producing proposed as-built drawings to illustrate and ultimately to confirm with customers our ideas and intentions with regards to hardware, fitting methods, layout etc.
* When site based you will be:
* Visiting sites where we are quoting for works to identify the nature of the install works required and hence make recommendations on hinges, limitation of access, helping to identify solutions to problems created by room features etc.
* Identifying potential design solutions that will enable us to turn architect/designer concepts into (affordable, achievable) realities
* Confirming when rooms/areas are ready for our installers to attend by considering straightness of walls, etc. and working with contractors to carry out remedial works to prepare the space for our team