UI Developer - Siemens
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions for our client, a German multinational conglomerate company the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branches in U.K.
Their site in Poole, Dorset require several positions filled to support several projects.
UI and UX
The client's products and services touch many aspects of everyday mobility including the future of Autonomous Connected Vehicles, Clean Air Zones, Speed and Bus Lane Enforcement, Congestion Charging, and Electric Vehicle Charging. If you drove or took public transport today, your journey was almost certainly helped along by code written by our development teams. This code helps to reduce pollution and lowers the chances of road accidents resulting in a cleaner, safer environment for millions of people across the world.
The developers in our R&D team are responsible for the creation of innovative mobility solutions in the United Kingdom and Worldwide, working independently and as part of larger teams. The systems deployed typically utilise core sub-systems and products from the Traffic Solutions product portfolio with configuration and project specific developments.
The Angular Developer will be responsible for implementing the design for a complex traffic control system that will improve the lives of the travelling public worldwide. We are using an exciting portfolio of modern tools that you will use alongside this talented team. You will be following a well-defined global style guide and implementing functionality as specified in user stories. In your role you will be expected to have a good knowledge of design principles and user workflows.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, autonomous innovator who has a passion for delivering change and improving the status quo.
Skills & Responsibilities
* You have a very strong coding background and can demonstrate strong competency in Angular 8, typescript, HTML and CSS
* You have experience in creating new User Interface pages and is confident in going through the Design process to continuously improve the current solution.
* You are comfortable working in fully agile teams with solutions deployed to an AWS cloud.
* You should be working with tools such as GitLab, Jira, Confluence and Docker.
* You see technical setbacks as a challenge to overcome and use them to improve your own knowledge and experience.
* You can demonstrate experience of successfully delivering projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
* You are confident to escalate issues to team lead / SCRUM Master where they will impact on sprint objectives.
* You are confident to have day-to-day contact with our end customer
* You have around 5 years' experience
In your role, what can you expect?
You will form part of multi-disciplined team of engineers responsible for an important set of features of our traffic control system. You will have a dedicated Scrum Master to assist with removing impediments, but you will take responsibility for your commitments, ensuring these are delivered to agreed timescales.
Candidates should hold a BSc in a related STEM discipline or be able to demonstrate experience in a similar professional role. It is desirable that candidates are working towards additional domain knowledge accreditations such as AWS certified developer.
Our projects are at the forefront of road network technologies, including V2X which further integrates on-street equipment, signage and information available to the driver in the car - all to improve safety and minimising journey times