A regional service engineer is required for a global market leader of renewable energies based within the UK. The position requires you to provide service and maintenance to CHP systems, generators and other associated equipment within plant rooms across key client sites across the UK. It's a permanent contract paying Circa £40K basic, and it comes with company vehicle and fuel card, 25 days holiday and pension.
The business offer a comprehensive range of operation and maintenance services for all types of gaseous-fuelled, reciprocating CHP systems, generators and associated electrical infrastructure. Operating regionally, they support a range of clients from food production, dairy, distilleries, commercial, industrial, retail and many others. They offer round the clock support both remotely and site based, with teams of engineers designated to their regions.The package
Basic salary of circa £40K for the right person
Company Van and fuel card
Mobile phone, tools, PPE and Uniform
Off duty payment of £125 per week when supporting the on call rota
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Company Private Pension
Private medical insurance
Opportunities to buy and sell holidays
- Day to day operations and maintenance including but not limited to; fault diagnosis, location and rectification
- Planned maintenance and breakdown response of all operational generator sets, plant, heat transfer equipment and gas systems to achieve maximum safe electrical output
- Utilisation and compliance of the company's operations and maintenance procedures, manuals, record keeping and stock control systems.
- Execution of all generator maintenance and the use of Operations staff to undertake minor maintenance on generators as required by the management.
- Maintenance and repair of all mechanical and electrical plant, including pumps and motors at all facilities.
- Maintenance and inspection of LV electrical equipment subject to training and competency
- Operation of HV switchgear subject to training and competency.
- Commissioning of new build including all associated equipment on new projects
- Training, support and supervision of Operations Technicians to undertake minor maintenance and simple fault finding.
- Support an out of hours call out rota with remote access to sites
- Ordering of spares and control of stock.
- Contractor supervision.
- Implementation of HSQE systems.
- Compliance and implementation of company environmental protection procedures with a proactive approach to maintaining, monitoring, reporting and auditing, and updating company systems.
- Conduct air emissions monitoring.
- Compilation and completion of outstanding works raised by site audits.
- Ensure company vehicles in your care are maintained to manufacturer's specification and in keeping with policy.
- Deal directly with environmental spillages using pollution prevention equipment and materials
The ideal candidate
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Electrical and Mechanical maintenance & service
- Strong knowledge of CHP and plant room maintenance
- Gas Safe qualification, or working towards achieving the qualification
- Recognised level in an Electrical skill or relevant experience in the field.
- Experience with electric control systems 12v DC - 415v AC 30ø
- Fault location, diagnosis and rectification
- Experience working with gas powered engines, generators or similar equipment is highly advantageous
Working hours are 8:30am - 5pm Monday to Friday. Any additional hours worked during the week are given back as time off in lieu.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however, we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.