General Worker/Process Operative- UKAEA
Do you have warehouse/general worker experience?
Do you have previous experience using hand tools?
Are you available to work shifts Monday-Friday (Shift patterns are between the hours of 6.00am-10.00pm)
Would you enjoy working at one of the world's leading fusion research facilities?
UKAEA is the home to JET (the Joint European Torus) and MAST-U (Mega Amp Spherical Tokamak - Upgrade).
This is a great opportunity to work alongside some of the most progressive science and engineering advancements including; the future of clean energy and innovative robotics systems. It is a chance to join one of the world's leading Fusion Research facilities. With considerable investment from government into fusion energy research, now is an exciting time to join the business
In your role you will be accountable for:
* Basic duties
* Routine checks on equipment and machinery
* Inspecting/preparing RPE
* Following safety instruction to ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner
* Good understanding of the English language
* Strong safety behavioural practices
* Experience using hand tools
* Reasonable level of fitness
* Good attention to detail
It would be helpful if you have:
* Experience in working with RPE
The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority is a large UK government research organisation based on an expansive site just outside of Oxford. UK AEA's mission is to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technology and position the UK as a leader in sustainable nuclear energy. With over 1,000 employees, this is an exciting and vibrant place to work.
- Please note, this role is strictly within IR35 and only available on PAYE/Umbrella basis.
- All employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance - The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.