Toolroom Technician required for our long-standing Haverhill based client. Reporting to the Production Automation / Production Engineering Manager with day to day reporting responsibilities to the Engineering Tool Maker. As Toolroom Technician you will assist the engineering team in prototype parts production and production teams in the maintenance and repair of injection mould tooling, press tooling, assembly jigs / fixtures and ancillary equipment providing an effective and efficient service in order to aid production.
- Manufacture new component parts for company's existing and new tooling
- Maintain and repair existing tooling
- Assist in design and manufacture of jigs, fixtures and robot heads as required
- Work to agreed quality standard
- Recognises when help is needed and offer support to others
- Demonstrate an awareness of team responsibilities for cleanliness and safety
- Those nearing the end of their apprenticeship or having just completed one will be considered.
- Possess previous experience from a production, process and machining background including experience within a tool room / machine shop environment
- A relevant Engineering shop floor qualification (NVQ - engineering apprentice).
- Experience of Milling, turning and precision grinding
- Understanding Injection moulding and press shop processes and techniques
- AutoCAD/Inventor and computer aided manufacturing (CNC program production for 3 axis milling and CNC EDM wire cutting
- Knowledge of mould tool design, production, maintenance and repair. As well as EDM die sink electrode production. Ideal but not essential
Benefits to you
- Competitive Salary up to £24k doe
- Lovely working environment
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays rising by a day per year up to 5 years
- Permanent opportunity after end of maternity contract
- Free parking
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Fantastic well-established company
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has been unsuccessful.