Salary: £32,000 - £36,000 per annum (Dependant on experience)
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
23 days annual leave plus statutory
Fresh Start are recruiting on behalf of our long standing client based in Alfreton for a Management Accountant. This role is a permanent position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Month End and site financial control including inventory related reconciliation's and other control account reconciliation's.
* Cost and margin analysis and reporting.
* Have a thorough understanding of the cost structure of the UK site and maintain recovery rates and the annual cost roll up .
* Forecasting - Cash forecasts for the UK site and coordinate, control and generate EBITDA forecasts.
* Excel Cubes - Analyse UK data in BI for volumes, sales, and margin ensuring its accuracy.
* Assist in building reports where required.
* Coordinate and control the UK budget process, including but not limited to P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow.
* Compute and recommend new recovery rates for use in the new budget year.
* Assisting in the preparation of Statutory accounts for the main UPC Company.
* Assisting in the preparation and administration of Holding Company of Statutory accounts.
Education and experience:
* Degree in accounting/AAT qualification or equivalent. Part-qualified CIMA
* Studying or looking to become a Chartered/Certified Accountant or Chartered Management Accountant.
* Two years experience post degree/AAT level in cost management.
* Experience of working in a general finance department.
* 2 years Costing and COGS experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Management accounting and statutory accounting with integrity of reported results.
* Control account reconciliation experience and relevant investigatory work.
* Good understanding of standard costing systems, calculation and control.
* Good understanding of the main COGS drivers.
* Coordination and control of site budget process.
* Computer literate particularly in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables)
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* The ability to work as part of a team.
* Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
* Sound business knowledge.
* Accuracy and an eye for detail.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to work within a large reputable company. If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact our helpful team.
This vacancy is being advertised by Fresh Start Recruitment (UK) who are acting as an Employment Agency.
Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage.
If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion